1. Eligibility. To be eligible to receive the prize, as of May 1, 2019, you must be at least 18 years old and the age of majority in your state or jurisdiction. Officers, directors, and employees of MongoDB, Inc. (“MongoDB”) and its affiliates, and each of their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate or win. Participation constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to Eliot’s Weekly Challenge (the “Contest”). This Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws, and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: MongoDB, Inc., 1633 Broadway 38th floor, New York, NY 10019.
3. How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You may enter the Contest by submitting an entry, including your name, email address, and any other required information set forth on each Contest webform. Your submission must meet the following content/technical requirements. Limit one entry per person. Multiple entries from any one email address will be void.
a. Your submission must be your own original work;
b. Your submission must use MongoDB Atlas and/or MongoDB Stitch; and
c. If stated on the webform, your submission must be committed to a public Github repository that is tagged with the following labels: MongoDB, Stitch, and MDBW19.
4. Alternate Method of Entry.
a. If you’re unable to submit source code via a GitHub repository then you may prepare a screencast of less than 5 minutes in length demonstrating and describing your entry.
b. A screencast entry may be submitted by providing a URL, as required on a Contest webform.
c. For screencast entry, please note your video must be solely your work, including but not limited to the actual filming, editing, and graphic design of the video.
5. Prizes. Each week, one Amazon gift card, one award of MongoDB Atlas Credits, one award of MongoDB World Swag, and one MongoDB World Ticket, each as described in the above table, will be awarded to one raffle winner. The prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from each prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. An IRS Form 1099 will be prepared in your name, stating the value of your prize, and submitted to the IRS. You will receive a copy of the Form 1099. With respect to the MongoDB World Ticket prizes, all travel, lodging, and travel-related expenses are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. With respect to MDBW Swag prizes, winner must collect MDBW Swag in person at MongoDB World 2019. MongoDB reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if any advertised prize becomes unavailable or if, in our sole discretion, we cannot reasonably provide the prize in your jurisdiction. MongoDB is not responsible for any warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prizes.
6. Winner Selection and Notification. The potential raffle winner will be selected in a random drawing under MongoDB’s direction on or about the end of the week immediately succeeding each challenge start date. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received (up to twenty). MongoDB will contact the potential winner via Instagram and by email with information on how to collect their prizes. The potential winner must respond within the time provided, or MongoDB may select an alternate potential winner. Failure to follow the prize redemption procedures, disqualification, or failure or inability to accept the prizes may result in selection of an alternate potential winner.
8. Disclaimer, Release and Limitation of Liability. MONGODB MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, YOU AGREE TO AND HEREBY DO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS MONGODB, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR HUMAN ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. If for any reason your entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another entry in the promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, MongoDB, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
9. Governing Law and Disputes. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE PROMOTION ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. ANY SUCH CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM WILL BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND WILL NOT BE CONSOLIDATED IN ANY ARBITRATION WITH ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY OF ANY OTHER PARTY. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
10. General Conditions. MongoDB reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, and these Official Rules. MongoDB, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. To the extent that the Contest requires the submission of user-generated content such as software, photos, videos, music, artwork, or essays, you warrant that your submission is your original work, has not been copied from others, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights, or other rights of any other person or entity. You may include MongoDB trademarks, logos, and designs in your submissions. Your submission must comply with the MongoDB World Code of Conduct, available at https://www.mongodb.com/mongodb-world-code-conduct, and it may NOT contain, as determined by MongoDB in our sole discretion, any content that is obscene or offensive, violent, defamatory, disparaging or illegal, or that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco or a particular political agenda, or that communicates messages that may reflect negatively on the goodwill of MongoDB. By entering or accepting any prize, winner allows MongoDB to use the winner’s name, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law.
11. No Affiliation. Amazon is not a sponsor of, or otherwise affiliated with, this Contest.